Wednesday 2 October 2013

Soap & Glory 'Solar Powder' Review.

Hello!
My third and final Soap & Glory powder review is of their Solar Powder bronzer. You can read my other reviews here







Solar Powder is one of Soap & Glory's beauty offerings. It cost me £12 and can be bought from Boots (who always have some kind of 3 for 2 or buy one get one half price, or even 'spend £x and get thismany points' vouchers - utilise these!). I bought this after seeing some hype online and just wanting to! I never used to be a bronzer person but recently got into it and this was first on my list to try.

Housed in a cardboard case like their Glow All Out (review here), you would think Solar Powder might be flimsy and susceptible to shattering but I have actually found that compacts in hard plastic cases can break more easily when dropped. You get 9g which for me is plenty and would last a long time - I'm pale, I don't need much! This is a very smooth powder that doesn't kick up a lot of dust when you swish your brush over the pan.

This looks a very scary orange but that is just on my pale pale skin. Once blended I get a nice warm glow. This one does have a little shimmer so it better for bronzing than contouring, especially with the warm tone. I know in the pictures it has some funky iridescent pink glitter but this is an over spray and only took a swish with a brush to get rid of. But you can't deny it looks pretty there. In terms of pigment, this won't knock your socks off but is plenty for pale folk like myself and I have to try really hard to look orange. I like to apply this with a blush brush that's fairly well packed but not too dense - the multitask brush from Real Techniques is my favourite.

Though this has some shimmer in, this doesn't translate heavily to the skin and I end up with more of a sheen which is nice for a glowy bronzed look. I think I will be using this less during the winter because I am so pale now my tan has gone (already!). Because of the very warm hue and the shimmer, this one is suited better to summertime and a warmer skin tone than mine. This lasts well, though as always it depends on my base products - a long wear foundation results in a day long bronze but if it's applied to bare skin then it starts to fade after about six hours. That said, it's not disappeared by the end of the day, just looking a little weak.

Although I won't use this all year round, I have to say it's worth having and you can't go wrong with that cute packaging.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...