Saturday 8 June 2013

MUA Trio Eyeshadows Review & Swatches.

Hello!
I thought I would review one of my favourite products from MUA, their baked eyehsadow trios. We all know and love their palettes but a trio is much more travel-friendly and I like them for days I don't want to think about which eyeshadows go together.





This rather lovely MUA trio is a mere £2.50 and is available from Superdrug stores and their website. I have the shades Chocolate Box, Pink Sorbet and Innocence, clockwise from top in the above photo. As for the swatches they are Pink Sorbet, Chocolate Box and Innocence left to right.

The packaging is great, with a clear lid to easily see the contents without feeling cheap - though I wouldn't trust it to withstand being dropped in a hard floor. It is a little bulky due to the domed shadow but they are easily stacked as they have flat tops - this pleases me. It doesn't say how much product you get but I can tell you it's not stingy. The texture is quite hard and can kick up some dust when you use a brush.

The pigmentation varies but some really pack a punch, especially the highlight colours in Pink Sorbet and Innocence as they are so shimmery. Some are sheer but can be easily built up. That being said, I use a primer to bring out the colour and I would recommend you do based purely on the texture of these. As I said they are quite dusty so a primer gives them something to adhere to and stops there being so much fallout.

They are all pretty shimmery but not glittery, and the darker ones have more of a satin finish. The wear time of these varies greatly depending on the primer. I haven't used them alone but due to the texture I guess they would fade during the day without some kind of base.

They do other colours but I am a hard-and-fast neutral fan - though they have released some merged ones in neutral shades that I might have to grab.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...