Friday 3 May 2013

Max Factor Facefinity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 foundation Review

Hello :)
That wasn't a long title or anything...
Yes, I have another review for you today. I featured this foundation in my April favourites and promised a review so here it is.



First things first, the packaging. It's a glass bottle with a pump that dispenses enough for my face but not too much. No complaints from me on that front.

MaxFactor claim this foundation is a Primer, Concealer and Foundation in One as well as having SPF 20 - always a bonus. I bought the palest shade, Light Ivory 40 and I believe there are six shades in the range. The colour is a really good match for me - and I often find most drugstore foundations all come up too orange for my ghostly complexion. This costs £11.99 and is available from all the usual places - I bought mine from Boots.

I have used this foundation for a month or so now - I think I hauled it at the beginning of the month? You can see this foundation in action in my FOTD's here and here


The texture of this foundation is just how I like it: liquid but not too runny, yet not so thick it sets too fast. I like to work this in with a brush, my favourite being the Real Techniques Buffing brush. I find it sets well too, giving me enough time to work it in then setting to a powder finish. I still powder over the top to set concealer and just out of pure habit.

The staying power of this is pretty damn impressive, I've found. I have oily areas (nose and chin) with occasional random dry patches and, of course, the odd blemish or six. I look a little glowy but by no means oily at lunchtime, though by the evening time I notice some serious shine - however this is the best a foundation has ever lasted on me! I haven't had problems with this fading or becoming patchy except with dodgy concealers over the top - but that's not the foundations fault! As for the primer claim, I wouldn't be able to give you a definitive answer but I am impressed with the lasting power of this foundation and I don't use a separate primer.

As for the concealer claim and coverage of this foundation, I would say it's a medium coverage but buildable. I define 'full coverage' as 100%, nothing peeking though and I don't think you could get to that stage without this foundation going hella cakey.

Overall thoughts on this one - I really like it! I have to see how it works out in the hotter summer months but for now it is perfect! Coverage and colour are great, it applies quickly and easily and lasts better than any foundation I have ever used. Big thumbs up.

Well my dears, I think that is eveything I wanted to say on the matter!
x
Song of the day - Adventure Club, Do I See Colour

2 comments:

  1. looks like a great foundation, i may have to try it when my current one runs out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it and it's safe to say I am very happy with it x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...