Friday 12 April 2013

High Street Beauty Haul & Swatches

Hello!


Well, what do you know... Boots have a 3-for-2 all my senses leave me and I come home with this lot!


La Roche Posay Effaclar AI
La Roche Posay Effaclar K
Max Factor Facefinity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 FOundation - Light Ivory 40
17 Blusher - Damson Wine
Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm - Mint
Palmer's Lip Balm - Dark Chocolate & Mint
Max Factor Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick - Designer Blosson 30
Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal - 001 Black, 004 Taupe & 005 Nude
17 Doll'd Up Mascara - Black
MUA Trio Eyeshadow - Chocolate Box
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint - Greenberry & Prickly Pear
Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish - 262 Ring A Ring O' Roses
Rimmel I ♥ Lasting Finish Nail Polish - 704 Sweet As Sugar

Now for some swatches! I have already tried a good few of these products as this is three weeks of shopping so there will be some mini-reviews too. If you want to see a full review of any of these then by all means ask and I will be happy to oblige.

Max Factor Foundation shade Ivory.
This looks very promising, the shade looks like an excellent match and I like the texture. It is on the runnier side so should work well with a brush and hopefully won't dry too fast. That being said, it's not too watery so the coverage should be decent.

17 Blush in Damson Wine.
This is so pretty! I was dubious as first because it's quite dark but it's actually a really nice neutral pinky brown that I think will look good as a blush-contour hybrid for lazy days. I also love that's it's an almost-matte texture. By this I mean that it has a slight satiny sheen to it so it doesn't look flat and dusty on the skin, but isn't sparkly, glittery or shimmery.

Left to right: Max Factor Colour Elixir in Designer Blossom, Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude, Taupe, Black.
I am afraid of bright lips. However, this red is kind of sheer and not to dark which appeals. This is in the same format as the Clinique chubby sticks and Revlon balm stains and I really like the texture. It stains too - I have a little pinky red stripe on my hand!
These eyeliners are nothing brand new but oh my are they creamy and smooth and delightful. And once they set they don't budge! Perfect for a smudgy look because you can blend away to your hearts content and then they stay put when set without creasing.

MUA Trio in Chocolate Box.
Top row is without primer, bottom row with primer. I love these colours! I do love a warm toned brown on the eyes - thanks to my ghostly complexion I can't wear a lot of cool tones without looking like I belong in a morgue. I especially love the lightest shade in this, it's a gorgeous coppery colour that's not quite as peachy as the photo shows. All are pretty shimmery and prone to fall out - then again, for £2.50 who's complaining?

Left to right: Barry M Greenberry & Prickly Pear, Rimmerl Sweet as Sugar & Ring A Ring O' Roses.
I am getting back into nail polish! I've decided that even if the weather is still decidedly wintry, my nails with wear Spring shades with wild abandon. All the swatches here are two coats, though Greenberry could get away with one and Sweet as Sugar could do with three. Loves love love love.

I won't need to buy makeup for a while, but when has that every stopped me?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...