Friday 5 April 2013

A Weeks Takeaway Beauty

Hello :)
This week I am staying at my dads, and I thought I would show you what I have brought with me in the way of cosmetics and skincare etc. I love the 'what's in my bag' and 'what's in my makeup bag' type posts, but mine are so deeply uninteresting that I won't do one myself. This, however, is not only more interesting (hopefully) but might possibly be helpful for anyone who is also staying somewhere for a while - I am aware this is quite a lot but I used to be a lot worse!

The Lot.



I have managed to squeeze it all into what is basically three makeup bags and two brush roll/case devices. The purple 'makeup bag' (I wont lie, it's a pencil case) is what I cart around with me on a daily basis and the rest are for fitting the rest in.

The Makeup. All packed away.

The Makeup. All spread out and pretty.

I will try and categorise this to make it less of a jumble for you, lovely reader. Two foundations might seem a bit excessive but I'm still trying to figure out how to wear the MUA best, and while the Clinique lasts all day it's a little too dark. I also managed not to pack too much eyeshadow! I haven't used the MUA palette much yet so thought I'd bring it and get some good use out of it.

Face
Clinique anti-blemish foundation - 01 Fresh Alabaster
MUA Undress your skin foundation - Porcelain (review)
Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder - Transparent
Collection Lasting Perfection concealer - 1 Fair
MUA Bronzed Perfection
No7 Vital Radiance Highlighter
Natural Collection Blush - Peach Melba (for lazy days when I don't want to contour)
17 Blushes - First Flush (the bright one) & First Kiss (the only shimmery blush I have here)

Eyes
MUA Pro eye primer
MUA Undress Me Too palette (Naked 2 dupe)
Soap & Glory Lid Stuff - What's Nude
MUA single eye shadows - 1 (highlight) & 19 (brows)
The Body Shop khol eye pencil - Black
Soap & Glory Supercat liner pen 
L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes mascara

Lips
Blistex MedPlus Balm & Intensive Moisturiser Hydrating Lip Cream (ramble)
I'm not a lip colour person. Can you tell?

Nails
Nails Inc - Basil Street 
Rimmel 60 Seconds - 430 Coralicious
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Strengthener

The Brushes.

This is easier. I have my Eco Tools set of 5 eyeshadow brushes, 3 Eco Tools mini kabuki brushes which, from left to right, are for blush, powder & contour. I have three Real Techniques brushes, the Buffing Brush for foundation, Pointed Foundation Brush for concealer and the Contour Brush for highlight. Snuck in between them is my old Ruby & Millie angled brush for my brows and way down at the bottom is a No7 eyeshadow blending brush used exclusively with my contour colour around my eyes. I do that with any eyeshadow look to blend it into my face nicely and everything just looks a bit more natural with some coordination. Also thrown in there is a random nail file because you never know.

The Skin Care.

Hooray for skin care! I do love Clinique and La Roche Posay. I don't care if this seems excessive, I really do need four moisturisers.
Removal.
I have Cliniques Take the Day off makeup remover and their Liquid Facial Soap Mild (sample from their most recent bonus time). This isn't the cleanser I'm actually using at the moment but Soap & Glory's Peaches & Clean is too big and bulky for travel.
Toner.
It's not Lush's! It's just water and Tea Tree oil, so basically the same thing. A liberal spritz before I moisturise just to freshen up and, apparently, restore the pH of my face. I don't know if this is true but a nice bonus to toner if it is.
Moisturiser!
La Roche Posay Effaclar's Duo & K. I alternate based on my skins needs - the Duo for imperfections and the K for texture issues. These only go on my forehead/nose/chin and elsewhere I put Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. This stuff is amazing! I have oily skin but what with the weather, my cheeks are dry. A dab of this sorts them out and isn't greasy in the slightest. I also have La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat which I use as a day cream under my makeup.
The Rest.
La Roche Posay Effaclar AI is my spot treatment. I haven't had this long enough to judge how well it works as I haven't had a serious spot in the week this has been in my possesion. Worry not, one will come along soon enough. I also have a lip balm - this is Yves Rocher's Coconut stick balm. Doesn't smell that coconutty, but still yummy and it softens the lips so nicely. Lastly are my Tweezerman pointed tweezers and x10 magnifying mirror. Perfect for eyebrow plucking or close up makeup work.

The Extras.

These don't have a particular home. Weep for them.
Hair.
VO5 Smoothly Does It serum with heat protection. Shiny smooth hair. Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner. This smells so good and makes my hair happy and not at all heavy or greasy. Win!
Body.
I have mini sizes that I got for Christmas because I am not hauling huige prodycts around when I have cute little ones that work well and smell good. This time around I packed Sanctuary Spa Body Wash and Body Lotion.
Perfume.
YSL Elle. My boyfriend bought me this for Christmas as I had almost run out. Love that man.

I have shampoo and conditioner at my dads house already, and obviously I pack deodorant but forgot to include it and I figure you won't be too heartbroken. I also take things like cotton balls because I am weirdly fussy about the ones I use - large sized baby ones in case you were wondering.

That was a long post! What do you take away with you?

Song of the day - Benjamin Francis Leftwich, Shine

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...