Wednesday 17 April 2013

17 Doll'd Up Mascara Review

Hello!
I have a review for you today, of the relatively new mascara by 17: Doll'd up. This is available from Boots and costs £6.29 here - and is currently on a cheeky 3-for-2. I bought the shade Black but there is also a Brown/Black. I was in need of a new mascara because my L'Oreal Volume Million had started to dry up but I wasn't in love with it enough to repurchase and had a voucher for some money off this one so thought I would give it a go.


This is the packaging - nothing too complicated or fancy, and I think the red and black is cute. You can see that it claims to give 24 hour curl - we'll see how that holds up in a bit.

This is the wand. It's a rubbery affair rather than a traditional bristle brush style. I don't really have a preference between the two styles as I have found good and bad of both. This wand has a curve to it which I didn't catch very well in the picture but you can at least see that the bristles are longer in the centre and shorter at the end. This works well because the inside curve of the wand works well in curling my upper lashes and the outward curve is good at coating the lower lashes while not smudging it under my eyes. However it isn't so good at picking up the lashes on the inner and outer corners.

 Before. 

After.
Okay, this isn't the best because it has clumped a little but my lashes were just not cooperating today! You can see that it is very black and curls the lashes nicely - I have never kept mascara on for 24 hours and I seriously doubt it would hold up to that claim even if I did, but it does hold curl well throughout the day. For the sake of the pictures I didn't curl my lashes today although I usually would as obviously I want you to see how the mascara performs by itself. You can also see how it coated my bottom lashes without clumping them - win!

Overall, I like this enough to finish the tube but I probably won't repurchase - it's nothing personal, I have never bought the same mascara twice and there are too many to try! It curls well but clumps a little and I have had more lengthening mascaras although this isn't bad and does very well for the price. So overall, I would reccomend if you are looking for a new mascara and, like me, still haven;t found The One.
Much love, *fans lashes*

Song of the day - Disclosure, Latch

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...