Tuesday 15 January 2013

Resolutions 2013

Hello there!
I'm a little late with resolutions, but I don't usually do them as they are traditionally unrealistic and given up by the end of the first crap day at work. But, there are things that I want to do/should already be doing and there is something about the start of a new year which makes me feel more optimistic.

I thought that sharing these with you and maybe updating here every so often would give me that extra push to really make an effort this year.


001. To be more organised.
I am hopeless at being organised and knowing what I'm doing. I have a diary and need to write everything down or I forget, but this year I really want to be more organised! This means planning, to-do lists, actually doing the things on them and generally having more of a clue of what's going on.



002. To lose a little bit of weight.
Now, I don't need to lose weight, and I am happy with my body and how I look but I would like to lose about 5 or so pounds. I used to weigh about 120 pounds and then in April/May time I gained about 10 pounds. I realise this isn't much but I actually have since lost maybe half of that, and it would be really nice to go back down to where I was before! SO, nothing serious but maybe a healthy option every now and again, and I should probably start exercising which leads me perfectly onto my next resolution!


003. To manage my stress.
I am ridiculous. When I get stressed, I can't sleep, I become moody and horrible and consequently become more easily stressed about everything! Anyway, to deal with this I need to actually do some regular exercise and sort out some sleeping habits. And actually make them habits. Going for a run always makes me feel better about whatever I'm stressing about and obviously if I sleep well, life is easier.


004. To be a bit more sensible with money.
I love shopping, I love spending money. But I have decided I need to do less of the impulse puchases and more of the trying to make the balance in my bank account more stable. I now have a job so will have more money, and I really need to be more sensible.


So, these are more like improvements to my life than the traditional resolutions, but this should help me keep them as they are things I really want to do.

Happy (belated) new year! What are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...